Frequently asked questions:
1. How do I log into Google?
Click here to learn how to log into Google:
2. How do I log into Google Classroom?
Click here for documentation on how to access Google Classroom:
3. Why can't I access all the Google features with my @gmail.com account?
Google recognizes @gmail.com accounts as personal accounts. To access all of Googles features make sure you're using an @aalk8.org email account that was issued by the school.
4. Is my device compatible with Google suite?
Most devices are compatible with Google Suite. Just keep in mind, you must be using a compatible browser. Click here to see if your browser is compatible: Supported Browsers
Also, accessing Google from a tablet or a smartphone may require you to download an App in the Google Play store. Click here to learn more about using Google Apps on mobile Devices: Google Apps
5. How do I update my Chromebook to make sure that it is ready for Google Suite? (Chromebook users only)
Click here to see instructions for updating a Chromebook:
Click here for information on updating the Chrome Browser:
6.Why can't I join a Google Meet?
Watch a demonstration of joining a Google Meet:
Click here to see troubleshooting documentation for Google Meet:
9. Is my internet connection fast enough for Google?
First click here to test your internet speed: HTML5 Speed Test
The primary use of bandwidth will come from joining video conference calls with teachers. Click here to see the network requirements for Google meet: Google Meet Requirements
If your internet connection does not meet these recommended requirements, please contact your internet provider about increasing bandwidth.
10. How come I can see all my classes, but I can't turn in my work?
Click here to see the "Turning in work to Google" documentation: